I feel like that can change depending on the size of the company. When it comes to small business there is normally one person who is in charge, but if it’s a larger company then it is a whole team. They will normally keep track of the physical books or payroll information, or ensure the security of an online system. They also will organize invoices, prepare statements, analyze information and supervise systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Document financial transactions by entering account information
• Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.