Can anyone give me tips for starting an online email marketing campaign? I run an online design company and know the material that I can send out but getting the audience is the hard part. Does anyone have any tips for growing your audience?
The basics of email marketing are this:
1. Choose a Web-based provider that best suits your company size
2. Collect email addresses; this can be from having a link on your webpage for people to sign up, getting them in person, or having a product that people need to sign up for to get the free download.
3. Choose the right template; you want to make sure whatever you send out is aesthetically pleasing and gets to the point of what you want.
4. Plan, PLan Plan! Plan out your topics. You don’t want to look like you don’t know what you’re talking about. Make sure to plan out everything to make it easier for you in the long run.
5. Schedule; make sure to schedule out everything in advance so you don’t forget anything later.
6. Send an email campaign and track your results; using a service like mailchimp makes this process easier but make sure to track so you can see your results.2
Oh! I had asked a similar question if you wanted more information (https://kingmakersociety.org/index/topic/what-are-ways-to-start-an-effective-email-list/#post-265 ) she had given a pretty good answer as well.
Paul are there any other service providers besides mailchimp that you would recommend? I know they are one of the more common ones. Is there a way to track it and send manually that would work too in case we were trying to save money? Or is using a provider the best way to do it.